"Let us read and let us dance - two amusements that will never do any harm to the world." Voltaire
Dancewave seeks a Public Relations, Marketing and Social Media Intern
Dancewave seeks a Public Relations, Marketing and Social Media Intern to assist the Associate Director of Design & Marketing. This internship offers an excellent opportunity to gain hands -on experience in a non profit arts and dance education set up. Skills cultivated under the guidance of the Dancewave directors during this internship will assist students or recent graduates land further opportunities in Communication, Public Relations and Marketing.
- Report to the Associate Director of Design & Marketing, and the Marketing Assistant.
- Create and schedule Dancewave’s social media posts for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (using Hootsuite) Linkedin, and Snapchat under the guidance of the Marketing Assistant.
- Conduct research to encourage social media partnerships
- Attendance at Dancewave events for live social media coverage
- Assist in creating weekly blog entries for Dancewave’s news blog
- Assist in writing press releases and promoting Dancewave events
- Assist in press kit creation
- Assist in creating email campaigns on constant contact
- Assist with organizing and archiving of press
- Assist in promoting and creating marketing plans for Dancewave Events
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Positive and professional demeanor, flexible with a can-do attitude.
- Interest in Dancewave’s mission and commitment to serving youth.
- Generally tech savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google docs, Hootsuite.
- Working knowledge of wordpress, constant contact is a plus.
- Graphic design skills to create/ edit minor marketing collaterals such as postcards, flyers
- etc. is a major plus.
At least 6 months with preferred 20 hours per week. Schedule flexibility available for both on and offsite work
Monthly transportation stipend Individual mentoring Participation in special events Complimentary adult classes